205 Filley Hall
1625 Arbor Drive
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln NE 68583-0956
Business Manager: Lauren Madsen
Regular Office Hours: Monday though Friday – 8am – 5pm
The Filley Chase Hall Business Center (FCH) is a unit within the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources (IANR), with principal financial and human resources support to our supported customer departments and units: Biological Systems Engineering, Nebraska Tractor Test Laboratory, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Leadership Education and Communication, Center for Grassland Studies, Nebraska Manufacturing Extension Partnership, UNL Dairy Store; and the IANR Conference Registration system.
The FCH team works together to provide professional services, resource and human resource management, and solution development and implementation with the highest levels of integrity, accountability, and customer focus.
Major activities include budget development and administration, financial management services, human resources and payroll management, and grant development and support.
Business Manager, 472-2301, 205 Filley Hall, EC 0956, email@example.com.
- Provides overall guidance to Business Center staff in fiscal management, human resources and grants/contract administration.
- Provides guidance to unit administrators, faculty and staff in fiscal management/budgeting.
- Serves as liaison to IANR Finance & Personnel, IANR Deans & VC offices, VC for Research, the VC for Academic Affairs, and all other UNL functional offices in the management of fiscal & human resources issues.
Assistant Business Manager, 472-0891, 220 L.W. Chase Hall, EC 0726, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provides fiscal coordination and account management for various accounts serviced by the Filley/Chase Business Center
- Foundation Funds reimbursement requests and transfer requests
- Service center budget development, reporting, and billing
- Assist in providing guidance to Business Center staff and provide guidance to unit administrators, faculty and staff in fiscal management/budgeting
Nick Von Busch
Accounting Associate, 472-2354, 205 Filley Hall, EC 0956, email@example.com.
- Facilitates the ordering process.
- Handles accounts payable, purchase orders and requisitions, electronic ordering, internal billing transactions (IBTs), visiting personnel forms, and warrant requests.
- Reconcile purchasing card transactions.
- Reconcile the daily Dairy Store cash drawers and submit the deposits.
Financial Specialist, 205 Filley Hall, EC 0956.
- Provides fiscal management for Extension’s online sales systems – MarketPlace, RegOnline, and University Press
- Prepares Dairy Store invoices in Quickbooks, including processing the internal charge when needed
- Provides fiscal coordination and account management for MEP and various other accounts services by the Filley Chase Business Center
472-3992, 252 L.W. Chase Hall, EC 0726,
472-2122, 205 Filley Hall, EC 0956 (Mondays & Wednesdays).
- Pre-Award Grant Development including grant proposal review, budget development, confirming cost share documentation and match commitments, processing and routing.
- Responsible for Personnel Activity Reports and cost share documentation associated with relevant grant accounts.
- Provides fiscal coordination and account management for various accounts serviced by the Filley Chase Business Center.
472-6959, 205 Filley Hall, EC 0956,
472-3992, 252 L.W. Chase Hall, EC 0726, (Mondays & Wednesdays),
- Account reconciliation – ensuring adequate backup documentation exists for transactions.
- Reviews and processes travel and other expense vouchers .
- Reporting and reviewing Objects on Loan.
- Primary backup for purchasing function in business center.
Personnel Generalist, 472-3432, 221 L.W. Chase Hall, EC 0726, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Handles HR issues relating to student hires, staff and faculty positions (creating and filling regular and temporary positions, classifying and reclassifying positions, personnel and supervisor issues)
- Provides guidance in the search and interview process.
- Acquire information for and process Personnel Action Forms (PAFs), e.g., new hires, re-hires, funding changes, appointment changes/extensions, error corrections and retroactive PAFs
- Provide advice, counsel, and/or interpretation regarding UNL personnel policies and procedures, employee relations issues, and State/Federal employment regulations for faculty and staff
- Serve as the point of contact for departmental visa and permanent residency requests, facilitating the process through to completion
Personnel Associate, 472-2386, 205 Filley Hall, EC 0956, email@example.com.
- Coordinate hourly employee’s time entries.
- Acquire information for and process Personnel Action Forms (PAFs), e.g., new hires, re-hires, funding changes, appointment changes/extensions, and error corrections .
- Process deposits for the departments served by the business center.
- Primary backup for reconciliation of p-cards.